About Jeff Galloway
Over a million runners and walkers have read Galloway books, attended his retreats / running schools, received E-coaching or individual consultation or joined his training programs. His doable plans have opened up the life-changing experience of finishing a distance event to almost everyone. His methods have reduced aches, pains and injuries to almost zero. Jeff is in front of an audience motivating and teaching over 200 times a year–helping those of all abilities to enjoy exercise until they are 100!
- US Olympian, 1972, 10,000 meters (also an alternate on the marathon team)
- Trained with Steve Prefontaine, Frank Shorter, Bill Rodgers, Amby Burfoot, Jack Bacheler
- Author of North America’s best selling running book: Galloway’s Book on Running
- Runner’s World monthly columnist
- Official Training Consultant for runDisney series of races -- with video clips and training programs on the runDisney website
- Founder of the Run Walk Run method -- opened up running to millions
- Founder and owner of Phidippides -- the oldest running specialty store (since 1973)
- Producer of the Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk & Fitness Program in Atlanta -- which has enrolled 20,000 participants (2012 – 30th)
- Coached ESPN and MSNBC segments with celebrity runners Sage Steele and Megan Price
- Jeff has run for over 50 years, over thirty of those without injury
- Over 350,000 runners and walkers have reported achieving their goals by using Galloway Training Programs.